Guidebook for Utilities-Led Business Models: Way Forward for Rooftop Solar in India
This guidebook analyzes India’s plans to use rooftop solar power to boost its renewable energy, explains the benefits it offers, and details why new business models and market mechanisms would drive greater adoption.
- US$25.00 (paperback)
It examines India’s renewable energy targets and explains why rooftop solar generation has been slow to increase despite an enabling policy environment and attractive economics. It identifies the roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders and discusses four business models to help utilities evaluate and finetune their strategies. It shows why taking a targeted approach can maximize economic benefits for utilities and deliver long-term advantages for consumers.
- Executive Summary
- Metering Arrangement for Rooftop Solar under the Present Regulatory Framework
- Business Models for Implementation of Rooftop Solar Projects
- Cost–Benefit Assessment
- Utility-Led Business Models for Rooftop Solar Deployment
- Summary of Business Models
- Appendix: Applicable Metering Framework by State